The position has been successfully recruited.
Become part of our growing design practice as we celebrate our fifth decade and join the team that are leading us into our next decade.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Assistant to join our team part time at two days per week.
You will be an experienced Finance Assistant that is organised, people focused and would like a long-term rewarding position within our studio. To be successful in this role, you will be well-presented, highly organised, and a motivated person that has a passion for the day-to-day financial functions of Carr to ensure that it can run smoothly.
The role will include but is not limited to:
– End to end accounts payable function including data entry into MYOB, organising the weekly payment run and accurate filing of invoices and receipts
– Manage our internal financial requirements including our credit card receipt entry and employee reimbursements
– Accounting package data entry for both accounts receivables and accounts payable; reconciliations of all bank accounts and credit cards plus balance of loan accounts.
– End of month accounting package processes to enable BAS lodgement and monthly reporting process
– Business specific project expenses data entry into our project accounting software
– Update client portal with invoices and payments
– Other miscellaneous duties in keeping with finance and administrative tasks
To be successful in this role you will have:
– Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a finance / administrative or like role
– Cert IV Bookkeeping or Accounting Diploma is desirable
– Demonstrated understanding of GST; Income Tax; Payroll Tax; FBT; Profit and Loss Statements
– Professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
– Demonstrated an ability to actively contributing to a positive team environment
– Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite and MYOB skills would be advantageous
– Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
– High levels of initiative and proactively assists to solve problems and ensures issues are resolved quickly
– A passion for learning and continuous improvement
At Carr we believe design has the power to make a positive difference to people’s lives. Our vision, to pursue excellence in everything we do, is a collective effort underpinned by a shared experience. We do this with integrity, humility, and clarity of purpose. Putting people front of mind guides how we work together and helps create an inclusive and enriching team environment.
Our team has access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
– ‘Hybrid Working’ policy supporting studio and remote work
– Training and professional development opportunities
– An active and richly diverse social calendar
– Paid ‘Parental Leave’ to support working families
– Paid ‘Study Leave’ to support professional learning
– Mentoring Program and buddy system
– Knowledge sharing forums and activities
How to apply
If you would like to explore this opportunity further, please email your CV and a supporting letter to Denise Passmore, People and Culture Manager at email@example.com. Please ensure you put the role title in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please be aware that to apply for this role, you must be an Australian resident and reside in Victoria, Australia.
Carr is an architecture and interior design studio based in Melbourne with a timeless approach that fosters connection. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, coalescing in work that forges new ground while remaining true to our philosophy and vision.
We look forward to hearing from you!