[updated 15 April 2020]
We have continued to closely monitor the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak and have put in place precautionary measures to help mitigate any potential risk to the health and safety of our team, clients, partners and suppliers as we continue to work together.
As confirmed cases of Coronavirus COVID-19 in Melbourne continue to rise, to our knowledge we are yet to have any team members, suppliers or clients infected at this time. Should we become aware of such an occurrence, we have in place appropriate procedures to manage further transmission.
To date we have minimised our risk as individuals and as a company by exercising remote working, practising social distancing and adhering to the following protocols:
- The studio is currently closed to the public and is not accepting deliveries,
- All face to face meetings have now been replaced with technology-enabled communication,
- If you must visit the studio and have made prior arrangements, you must sign in and use the hand sanitiser provided, and
- All other internal measures outlined in this policy must also be followed when visiting the office to ensure safety for all our team members and the broader community
Studio Access protocols:
- All team members requiring access to the studio must seek approval from management who will coordinate appropriate requests,
- Approved access to the studio is limited to 2 people only, to support social distancing measures,
- You must not apply for access if you are feeling unwell and displaying any symptoms associated with COVID-19,
- Cleaning protocols must be exercised before and after the handling of any products, materials, hard surfaces, control boxes or equipment,
- You must sign in to register your attendance and use the hand sanitiser provided,
- If you are accessing the studio for sample purposes, two sets must be made with one being tagged ‘control box’ and retained in the studio for team use and the other posted to the client, and
- At the end of your visit, you must sign out to register your departure (also noting the location of Control Box in the studio if applicable) and use the hand sanitiser provided.
Health and hygiene protocols:
- Hand hygiene is critical. Constantly wash your hands with soap and water [for two minutes]. Particularly when arriving or returning to the office,
- Limit touching other people’s property during your visit and be diligent in cleaning your own work area and items,
- In the event visitors or other team members are in the studio avoid shaking hands or unnecessary contact, ensuring you remain 1.5 metres apart,
- Cover your mouth when coughing then wash your hands or cough into your elbow,
- Avoid touching your face to minimise virus transmission,
- Dispose of tissues and paper towels in a closed rubbish bin after one use,
- When in public remain at least 1.5 metre distance from others,
- Avoid meetings [>2 people] and functions with external participants,
- Use videoconferencing and chat applications [Microsoft Teams / Skype] as a default for meetings. Particularly with external participants, and
- Limit food handling and sharing of food in the office.
- Carr international travel is currently on hold until further notice,
- Carr domestic travel is currently on hold until further notice,
- Personal international travel plans are on hold and are in line with the Government ban on international travel. If you currently overseas or recently returned, you will be subject to the mandatory quarantine period of 14 days at your first Australian destination in Government approved and provided accommodation. At this stage no Carr employee is understood to be travelling domestically or internationally.
- If you are unwell in any way, especially if you have a temperature, or any symptoms of a respiratory tract infection (including a sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath) please take a personal day and do not attend any work premises,
- Employees are asked to notify management by email if you have these symptoms or have been in proximity to anyone who has been diagnosed with Coronavirus, or in an area flagged as potentially being a site where Coronavirus may have spread.
- If you are diagnosed with Coronavirus you will not be granted access into the office until cleared in writing through a Coronavirus test. During this time, you can access your personal leave, then annual leave and then leave without pay,
- If you need to care for someone with Coronavirus you can access your personal leave (includes carer leave), then annual leave and then leave without pay. At the end of this period, you must be tested and cleared of the Coronavirus infection in writing, before you may return to work or access any work premises,
- The ability to continue working from home under these conditions will be assessed on a case by case basis.
We note that containment of such a virus is dependent on individual behaviour and the Carr community is safest when all follow the above protocols.
We will continue to review these measures daily as further updates on the COVID-19 Coronavirus are made available and will update this policy accordingly.
For up to date information, see the Australian Government website.