[updated 17 March 2020]
We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak and have put in place precautionary measures to help mitigate any potential risk to the health and safety of our team, clients, partners and suppliers as we continue to work together.
There are confirmed cases of Coronavirus COVID-19 in Melbourne. To our knowledge, we have no infected team members, suppliers or clients at this time, and we have a plan in place should we become aware of such an occurrence.
We are minimising our risk as individuals and as a company by following the protocols below.
- All face to face group meetings will be replaced with technology-enabled communication,
- We are accepting deliveries to the office but ask all unnecessary visits to be rescheduled or reconsidered,
- If you must visit the studio, you must sign in and use the hand sanitiser provided,
- All internal measures must be followed when visiting the office to ensure safety for all team members.
Health and hygiene protocols:
- Hand hygiene is critical. Constantly wash your hands with soap and water [for two minutes]. Particularly when arriving or returning to the office,
- Limit touching other people’s property and be diligent in cleaning your own work area and items,
- Avoid shaking hands or unnecessary contact,
- Cover your mouth when coughing then wash your hands or cough into your elbow,
- Avoid touching your face to minimise virus transmission,
- Dispose of tissues and paper towels in a rubbish bin after one use,
- When in public try and keep at least one metre distance from others,
- Avoid large [<10 people] meetings and functions with external participants,
- Use videoconferencing [Teams / Skype] as a default for meetings. Particularly with external participants,
- Limit food handling and sharing of food in the office.
- Carr international travel is currently on hold until further notice,
- Carr domestic travel is currently on hold until further notice,
- Personal international travel plans need to be discussed with management. Depending on the circumstances and destination, you will be required to self isolate for 14 days after your return, or until you have been cleared in writing by a Coronavirus test. We strongly urge all travellers to seriously consider their travel plans.
- If you are unwell in any way, especially if you have a temperature, or any symptoms of a respiratory tract infection (including a sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath) please take a personal day and do not attend work,
- Employees are asked to notify management by email if you have these symptoms or have been in proximity to anyone who has been diagnosed with Coronavirus, or in an area flagged as potentially being a site where Coronavirus may have spread.
- If you are diagnosed with Coronavirus you will not be permitted into the office until cleared in writing through a Coronavirus test. During this time, you can access your personal leave, then annual leave and then leave without pay,
- If you need to care for someone with Coronavirus you can access your personal leave (includes carer leave), then annual leave and then leave without pay. At the end of this period, you must be tested and cleared of the Coronavirus infection in writing, before you may return to work,
- The ability to work from home will be assessed on a case by case basis.
We note that containment of such a virus is dependent on individual behaviour and the Carr community is safest when all follow the above protocols.
We will continue to review these measures daily as further updates on the COVID-19 Coronavirus are made available and will update this policy accordingly.
For up to date information, see the Australian Government website.