Become part of our design practice of architects and interior design professionals who are leading and shaping our sixth decade.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our commercial interiors team at Carr as an Associate. The role calls for an individual with strong workplace design skills, as well as a genuine passion for hospitality interiors. With a focus on internal mentoring and professional development, we are looking for an individual who wishes to further their skills and grow within our Melbourne studio.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Carr team of architects and interior designers on varying project typologies and scales across Australia. There will be opportunities to express design direction within a few exciting projects that are commencing within our practice in 2023.
Associate – key requirements
- Recognised as a leader in workplace and hospitality interior design
- 7-10 years’ practical experience in managing larger scale, end-to-end commercial interiors projects – specifically workplace projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong networks within this sector
- Recognised leader of people and seeks out mentoring and coaching opportunities within the practice
- Enjoys collaborating with a variety of stakeholders including our internal teams to deliver excellence
- Extremely organised with a passion for the detail and a desire for learning
- Efficient Revit skills (speed and accuracy) are essential
- Tertiary Qualification in Interior Design or related discipline
At Carr we believe design has the power to make a positive difference to people’s lives. Our vision, to pursue excellence in everything we do, is a collective effort underpinned by a shared experience. We do this with integrity, humility, and clarity of purpose. Putting people front of mind guides how we work together and helps create an inclusive and enriching team environment. Our team has access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and professional development opportunities
- An active and richly diverse social calendar
- Paid ‘Parental Leave’ to support working families
- Paid ‘Study Leave’ to support professional learning
- Mentoring Program and buddy system
- Knowledge sharing forums and activities
How to apply
If you would like to explore this opportunity further, please email your CV, portfolio (link or less than 10MB) and cover letter outlining how your experience could benefit Carr to Denise Passmore, People and Culture Manager at email@example.com.
Please ensure you put the role title in the subject line.
Carr is an architecture and interior design studio based in Melbourne with a timeless approach that fosters connection. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, coalescing in work that forges new ground while remaining true to our philosophy and vision.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The project pictured is Parramatta Square Public Realm where Carr completed interior design for the commercial third spaces.