The position has been successfully recruited, though if you have this skillset feel free to send us an application.
We have two exciting new positions for an Interior Designer and an experienced Student Intern to join our growing design practice as we continue our sixth decade.
Carr specialise in architecture and interior design across the residential, commercial, hospitality and retail sectors. The successful candidates will work alongside the Carr team of architects and interior designers on various projects in Melbourne and afar. We are looking for individuals who are curious, passionate, well presented, articulate and wanting to learn and develop.
Interior Designer (hospitality)
- 3-5 years’ practical experience working in hospitality projects, in particular demonstrated experience in room packaging
- Enjoys collaborating with a variety of stakeholders including our internal teams to deliver excellence
- Enthusiastic about design and working with our clients to deliver exemplary design outcomes
- Demonstrable experience in managing small scale projects end to end or components of larger complex projects
- Extremely organised, has a passion for the detail and a desire for continued learning
- Proficient Revit skills (speed and accuracy) are essential
- Tertiary Qualification in Interior Design or related discipline
Student Intern – Interior Designer (hospitality)
- Some practical experience in hospitality projects, with particular emphasis on FF&E
- Extremely organised, has a passion for the detail and a desire for continued learning.
- Efficient Revit skills (speed and accuracy) are highly desirable
- Completing a Tertiary Qualification in Interior Design or related discipline
- Role designed to be up to 2 days casual per week with a view to expand into a graduate role longer term
At Carr we believe design has the power to make a positive difference to people’s lives. Our vision, to pursue excellence in everything we do, is a collective effort underpinned by a shared experience. We do this with integrity, humility, and clarity of purpose. Putting people front of mind guides how we work together and helps create an inclusive and enriching team environment. Our team has access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ policy supporting studio and remote work
- Training and professional development opportunities
- An active and richly diverse social calendar
- Paid ‘Parental Leave’ to support working families
- Paid ‘Study Leave’ to support professional learning
- Mentoring Program and buddy system
- Knowledge sharing forums and activities
How to apply
If you would like to explore this opportunity further, please email your CV and portfolio (link or less than 10MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. – please ensure you put the role title in the subject line.
Carr is an architecture and interior design studio based in Melbourne with a timeless approach that fosters connection. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, coalescing in work that forges new ground while remaining true to our philosophy and vision.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Read about Jackalope, the project pictured, and how five years on, the hotel continues to have positive environmental, economic and culturally sustainable impacts.